Toshiba. Crash. Like...the second time. HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My toshiba laptop (portege A100) crashed for the second time. Last time I got it all restored and all but this time its not letting me restore and I have dont it before with this CD so why is it not workin for me now?

So I put the CD in..then it goes up to about 5% then comes up with a message saying it needs to "Re-Image" the thing and Section=128...

Can somebody please tell me whats going on? I have restored the same laptop with the same CD but any idea on why its not working this time around?

Um well it won't even go to the welcome screen..
When I turn it on, it just shows are black screen with.. a white underscore flashing.

I put the restore CD in, it goes fine but when it comes to the part restoring, it has that error. Confused..

you can try running the chkdsk /f off recovery console (not too sure about defrag tho.. but doesnt hurt to try...). you can borrow any winxp cd to do this.

you wont be able to continue instaling windows because of that bad sector in the hdd, in other words its preventing it.. you'll have to fix it. if you can find out the maker of the hdd, you can download its disk diagnostic utility and it will try to fix it for you.. otherwise, theres a few generic ones on the net you can try download..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back