Toshiba laptop dvd-ram driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG problem I need help with. My P15-S409 cd/dvd drive has always given me problems. Toshiba just replaced it. Worked fine for 2 weeks - now another prob.

My CD/DVD drive is showing up in Devices - but error code 39 -driver missing or corrupted. Toshiba has a 49 MB download for the driver (huh??) I downloaded and installed -still no joy. But then I read that winxp (my OS) has the driver the laptop needs in the first place...

Bottom line - what driver should I be using - and what else could be preventing driver from loading properly.
Thanks

i would think that if winxp autofinds the driver for it, it would work. then again, you could make sure the firmware is up to date on the drive.

YEs I agree

5happycampers said:
BIG problem I need help with. My P15-S409 cd/dvd drive has always given me problems. Toshiba just replaced it. Worked fine for 2 weeks - now another prob.

My CD/DVD drive is showing up in Devices - but error code 39 -driver missing or corrupted. Toshiba has a 49 MB download for the driver (huh??) I downloaded and installed -still no joy. But then I read that winxp (my OS) has the driver the laptop needs in the first place...

Bottom line - what driver should I be using - and what else could be preventing driver from loading properly.
Thanks

I have had a P20 laptop through work and the DVD drive has given me nothing but trouble from day one. I have tried all things I can think of and still have it not writing DVD ram, once a month it locks up and loses the driver and I have to ghost it again. Pain in the ***. I hope the newer models have better drives as I do like the performance of these laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back