Toshiba Laptop will not stop beeping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This toshiba laptop that set me back a whopping $110 has been nothing but trouble. I have reloaded the restore disc 6 times in the past two years! Now the keyboard does not work (I am typing using an external keyboard) and the darn thing just keep beeping! I think it is time to put this thing in the garbage, any ideas?

can you explain 'keep beeping'? does it start beeping the moment you switch it on or when your operation system is loaded or just from time to time while you work with a program or type something?

Toshiba Beeping! Help!

...this darn thing is beeping as soon as I turn it on and the screen says "Welcome" and does not stop until I turn it off.
The keyboard is not working on the laptop either, I am using a external keyboard. I took the back off and cleaned out gobs of dust hoping this would help but the beeping continues. It did help the fan engaging all the time as it was doing before I cleaned it though, so that makes me feel better. any ideas?

can you try to open the cover and take the laptops keyboard out? maybe there is some 'short circuit' with it.
if everything else, the laptop itself, the software and the devices, work ok... its my best guess at the moment.

regards, mscrx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back