Toshiba tecra 8. Is it possible to upgrade the video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys i'm new here and really not that good in the pc world but i recently purchased a new toshiba laptop tecra 8, really good stuff, but recently i've encountered a problem when i installed "call of duty 2" i complete the installation successfuly but when i try to play the game a message comes on my screen saying that there is an error with the directx. The directx in my pc is the latest cause i checked and just to be sure i installed it again but no use. Then i asked a guy about it and he said most probably its with my graphics card, i then checked the specs of my laptop and found out that is an intel built in card the type is "mobile intel(r) 945gm express chipset. My question is: can i upgrade my laptop card to a stronger one or because it is a built in card then i will not be able to change it? The other question is: will this card play this game or any other game with similar graphics? If not then should i just sell it now and buy a new one even though i payed about $1,700 for. Please somebody help!!!!!!!!

Laptops don't have video cards, they only have on-board video chips. These chips are part of the motherboard. Your options are to upgrade the video driver or buy a better graphics laptop...

hi

Hi there, the attachment has the spec of my laptop. i know its long but i really dont understand them that mutch so u check them out, i hope these info help, thanks.

Again most Intel base graphics on mobile MoBO are very slow. What you should have check out ATI M200 PCI-Express most likely you would find that on AMD Mobile X64 CPU. That's extremely quick and good for all sorts of video stuff. That's what I had picked up. Your system is more for business applications and some 3D gaphics.

Tmagic650 said:
Laptops don't have video cards, they only have on-board video chips. These chips are part of the motherboard. Your options are to upgrade the video driver or buy a better graphics laptop...
not exactly true. MOST laptops are integrated video. There are a few high end laptops (for gamers) that have swappable specialty made cards - but they're very expensive and uncommon.

Thanks everybody for your insight, i guess unfortunatly my best solution is to sell my laptop and search for another one which satisfies my gaming needs. But anyways i appreciate your info guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back