Toshiba won't boot error messages, blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping someone has some ideas. I have a Toshiba Satellite 2410-s185 running XP
When I turn the computer on I get the win XP and then these two error message.........
1. winlogon.exe
c:\windows\system32\KBDUS.Dll
not a valid windows Image
(only option is to click okay)

2. isass.exe
c:\windows\system32\cryptdll.dll
Not a valid windows image

.......then I get a BLUE screen and nothing else. Trying f8 brought me to the same blue screen Anyone have any ideas or should I just reinstall XP, which of course we all hate doing and losing everything.. lanievig

Hard drive error, or an infestation that has damaged the first four to eight sectors of your hard drive.
Toshiba does not have software for testing the hard drive fitness if it is Toshiba drive, but other drive manufacturers to have drive fitness tests for their own drives.
Since the drive will still turn, you can rescue your data using a mobile drive adapter from Geeks.com or Cyberguys.com, then put the drive into a desktop machine as a slave, then drag and drop to the good drive, then burn to a CD for reinstall.
Then run windows in a Full install mode to see if the drive can be reformatted and Windows reinstalled.
If not, you will need to buy a new hard drive. www.zipzoomfly.com, www.directron.com, and www.tigerdirect.com have very nice prices on mobile 2.5 inch hard drives nowadays.

thanks for the quick response. I'm not familiar with the mobile drive adapter, but it sounds like you must be able to get into the computer and extract info...I can not boot into anything... i don't see anything but a blue screen. will this mobile drive adapter boot the computer so I would be able to see my desktop? Since the computer was given to me (last year... working fine), it just happened this problem yesterday and worked fine in the past. I don't have any doc. on this computer or discs, I am assuming I can use my Gateway winXP which I have from my desktop. Lanie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back