Touble putting a cpu in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LxTrix

This is the bad luck i've had with building a computer so far, but you can skip this if you want...

"I had an emachines, it dies, the end, I thought it'd be better to build a new computer then buy one.Its cheaper and you get something better. I still hold to that, there has just been allot of problems along the way. I bought the parts off of a site called Newegg. I dont know anywhere cheaper, well theres ebay but meh thats not safe.

Took me awhile to find all the parts and decide on a setup. I got the parts a few days later someone built it for us, but it wouldn't turn on. Turns out she accidently short circuited the motherboard by putting it in wrong. I had another friend take a look at it and he explained it to me. We returned that item and got a replacement. I was so happy that they axxepted it..Usually improper installation voids the warranty.

So we got the replacement and put it in. Turns out though the CPU (an AMD 64 3200+ Orleans) was tooken out of the other motherboard wrong. And i'm the one that took it out when we sent back the motherboard. If you seen the back of a CPU it has allot of pins and i bent a few. So my friend tried to fix it but it fell off. Thats horrible. It made the processor garbage. So yea i ****ed that one up. So this time we have to send it back to the manufacturer not the store. I don't think we'll get a replacement and that indiviual part costed $75.

I didn't even bother trying to send it back. Instead i purchased a AMD 64 3500+ for like $36."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is my motherboard...

GIGABYTE GA-M61PM-S2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

http://www.shop.com/op/~GIGABYTE_GA...therboard-prod-39526973-52690883?sourceid=298

This is my cpu...

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (not sure if its orleans or not)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103033

Ok the first thing is my motherboard has a four pin power connector and the cpu has a 3 pin connection for the fan. Is this a huge problem? My motherboard says its compatable. And then putting that stupid fan in is hard. I tried allot to get it in following the picture but had heaps of trouble getting it in and still its not in. Its very frustrating and now i'm worried i might have messed something up trying so hard. Like the thermal paste stuff kinda smudged so i dont know if thats a bad thing or not. And i know i accidently touched the bottom of the fan at least once.

I think the best action is take it in to a computer store but thats allot of money. And i really dont want anything else going wrong. All i have to do is get the fan in.

You must be putting the fan connector in the wrong slot. Usually fan connectors are near the CPU. They are 3 pins. I think your best bet right now would be to get someone who knows what they are doing, have them install it and be on your way. So far there are 2 ruined parts because of installation/uninstallation messups.

Yes, its gonna cost some money but ruining another part would be just stupid.

I know it can be hard to build a computer for your first time, but Im not sure you are quite there yet. Have it professionally done plain and simple.

Yea that seems best. I know it is the cpu fan connector because it is labeled on the motherboard and manual. There is a system fan connertor that is 3 pin but the cpu one is 4 pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back