Transfering harddrive !PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone, my mom's computer isnt working correctly. it turns on but it doesnt boot up. nothing shows up on the monitor. she has very important files and links that are saved to her computer that she needs asap.

my first thought was maybe i could access her computer through the router that we share but other websites told me its impossible without remote connection. and we cannot setup connects or access her computer at the moment.

i would like to know if it would be a good idea to take her harddrive out and put it into another computer. id rather not put it into my computer (just in case something goes wrong) but my brother has a laptop and could we put her harddrive in his? just temporarily so we can get to those files.

is that the best idea? to transfer her harddrive? if so is it okay that its going into a laptop and not a desktop computer....

you have several options.
1. use it as an external drive in another computer
2. clone the drive in attempt to troubleshoot.
3. you cannot BOOT from the drive in anther computer though. Windows is configured to run on 1 system only.

the adaptor hooks up the hard drive like if it was an external hard drive, and it's contents would be accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back