Transforming 5.1 Home Theater Speakers to 5.1 Computer speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a home theater system I bought for a couple hundred bucks with the Dolby 5.1 speakers.

The CD/DVD player on the Home theater system broke after a couple of years. Not a big deal as it wasn't real expensive. Anyway, I went out and bought another cheap one.

Well, now I have these 5.1 Dolby speakers that sound great (I'm only a minor audiophile) to me. I went out and got a Creative Live 24 Bit 5.1 capable sound card.

It is worth mentioning that the 5.1 speakers each had there own individual port on the home theater system. In other words, while the Creative sound card has three output for the 5.1 system, the speakers I want to convert don't have the kind of set up right now to accomodate this.

Does anyone know how to transform 5.1 home theater speakers to 5.1 sound card with 3 sound outputs on a Create Live computer capable speakers? I can't imagine this has never been done before.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

If the amplifier has RCA input jacks for channels, you could just use three regular 3.5mm stereo jack - 2 x RCA cables, just connect them correctly.

Another alternative, if the option is available, is to use S/PDIF, but then you wouldn't get multichannel sound from games (lack of Dolby Digital encoding).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back