Trendnet USB WiFi Adaptor not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

computer has some issues with the wifi adaptor. If i install it, and set windows to control it, at some point, after "connecting" for >5 mins, it reports: "Connected"... kinda ridiculous, because if i punch in ipconfig /all in the console, it does not show this adaptor's IP settings at all. If I change the IP setting thourgh the properties window, it prompts me to reboot. After the reboot, the settings are not applied!

However, in the device manager, it shows the device and it says it's working fine.

USB driverupdate did not solve the problem, I can't find a bios update any more... any better ideas? PLEASE?

don't know if anyone will be able to help with answers but you really need to provide more detail about your configuration when asking for help to get things t working.

Put the detail in your post, or better yet, fill out your system specs in your TechSpot profile. And what model Wifi adaptor is it? Don't know if Trendnet makes one or many USB Wifi adaptors but wouldn't want to try and guess your model based on a google search vs. having someone identify it.

If I change the IP setting thourgh the properties window, it prompts me to reboot. After the reboot, the settings are not applied!
sounds like Win/98.

set your adaptor to use DHCP for both IP + DNS and delete all settings you've entered

it's Windows XP Professional.

The TCP/IP setting is on DHCP, there is no values set because it won't apply them. So, I can't really change anything about that.

However, it says it is connected when in fact the router is not pingable, neither does it show a acquired IP address in the Status window.

I don't know what to do any more, USB resets and so on don't help.

it has all the symptoms of being powered off, disabled, or broken

the thing is, that I tried actually two different USB WiFi NICs and neither of them would connect.

in addition, some of my other USB devices don't work correctly either:

my mouse switches on and off at random times, my Kingston DataTraveler 1GB does not run etc.

this computer is simply annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back