Triple Hard disk failure

Hi people,I seem to have a very annoying problem.

I bought my comp about 15 months back, was working allrighty and all.
Untill my hard disc (Maxtor) gave probs.It started ticking and locking up.
So I phoned the company and explained it,and they said I could pick up a brand new one (Another Maxtor).And so I did,no probs,things can happen.

However,the 2nd one I had gave a lot of errors,and kept finding cluster errors over and over.I couldnt start up or it would find another dozen.Then it locked up again,after a few months,and i got pretty pissed. So I phoned the company again,explaining,telling them I wanted another brand,HDD.
I asked for a Western Digital,they said they had it,so I drove over there,but they made a mistake,and I was like,phoock,I cant wait another week (lol).

So I drove home with yet another Maxtor,believing those lads it was a good brand. But now,I have it for 3 months or so,and it's messing up big time,again.

Now I wonder,is it a coinsidence,or is there a possiblity that something else is causing this?

:blackeye:

Thnx for reading.

3 hdds?This is not a coincidence,for sure!
One : or the company is selling you second hand products without informing you , or ,
Two:There's something wrong in your computer.
Give us more details about components and try to monitor your hdd temperature if this 3rd one is still working

i'd check out the power supply with a multimeter, more accurate and true than most mobo's sensors. check the line that powers the drive.

You should also try changing the HD cable, running the HD on another controller and trying it in another computer.

Back