Troj_Dloader ahnilating my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ftowngang916

For the past week my anti-virus program (Trend Micro) has been detecting that Troj_Dloader is on my computer. When it runs its checks it says it is unable to quarantine this trojan. What this virus/trojan is doing is constantly asking if i would like to install Win Antivirus pro. For 4-5 days these pop-ups would ask to install this program. But for the last two days my computer has gotten extremely slow. Advertisements of all sorts are being thrown on to my computer screen. It has gotten so bad that I have had to shut down that computer and go onto another one to type for help. I have tried following to system restore to an earlier time, but to no help. I have also followed the instructions on how to remove this trojan from the Trend Micro web page. (Delete the filename from the list of processes) The virus says it is in my temporary internet files, but i have also deleted those.

I am not very good with computers, but would appreciate any help relating to my problem. Thank you.

A thumb drive will make this easier, and all downloaded programs should be stored on it. You will want to run your computer in safe mode after you install the various programs. And you don't want to be connected to the internet while running the scans. Take your second computer and download Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware, and Killbox. Install, update and run Ad-Aware. Let it do it's work and then select everything for removal when it's finished. Something will probably be left over from the first scan. You will need to know exactly what file(s) could not be deleted. You'll also have to know exactly where the file is. Run Killbox and tell it to delete the file on reboot. Reboot! Install, update and run Spybot. Let it do it's work and then select everything for removal when it's finished. Again run Killbox if any files are left over that could not be deleted. Reboot!

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Ftowngang916 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok im going try and fix my computer from the information you guys have posted. Thanks again, ill report back as soon as possible.

Ok I just finished doing the AVG free ani-rootkit scan. The scan did not find anything on my computer. My computer started doing much better after running the Vundo Scan. Also my anti-virus protection, Trend Micro read that Troj_Dloader was quaratined for the first time. Please instruct me on how to continue. Thanks again.

Once you`ve completed the instructions, post the requested logfiles and I`ll advise on how best to proceed. I advise you to delete the quarantined file in your Trend Micro.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Ftowngang916 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back