Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic9.GVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the anti-virus log and this is nothing. It's a red herring. When AVG isn't sure if it's a virus, it labels it "Generic" and leaves it to you to decide. In your case, it's found something suspicious in your System Restore cache.

To get rid of this, all you need to do is flush your System Restore cache. Here's how you do this (assume your'e using Windows XP):

Start -> Control Panel -> System -> System Restore -> Turn off

Once it's finished, then turn System Restore back on.

-- Andy

i tried this has to be a virus system in the control panel will not open and neither will it in accesories = system tools = system restore

Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic9.VIR

I got a similar message from AVG:
Threat Detected!
While opening file: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E2E66359-BA0D.4C53.9110.01305B286234}\RP540\A0093554.exe
Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic9.VIR

At the same time my msn contacts recieve files from me that I didn't send, with the message that it is a fotagraph. I probably got it opening a similar file from a msn contact. When I opend it, my PC blocked and I had to reinstall messenger, because it didn't work anymore.

From that moment on, my pc is slow. Sometimes during typing it begins to rattle and the words don't show on the screen for about ten seconds. I can type on and after the ten seconds, the words will appear.

AVG and Avast scans do not find any threats.

What is the matter and how can I get rid of it?

Regards, Arnoud.

AVG and Avast scans do not find any threats.

I hope you dont mean that you have AVG antivirus and Avast! antivirus running at the same time?

If you do then it is no wonder that your machine is slow.

Please make your own post in the security and the web forum.. Use the button at the top that says New Thread.

List all the symptoms that you are having and it might not be a bad idea to list all the antivirus, firewall, antispyware programs that you are running.

If you do think that your infected then I need you to follow all the steps HERE and then post back with the three requested logs as attachments
  • AVG antispyware
  • ComboFix
  • Hijackthis (step 15)
Dont forget to make sure that AVG is set to quarantine the results, that HJT is the last step and to let us know the results of the antirootkit scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back