Trojan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob2931

Hey all

I recently ran a bad program that lated tripped my virus scanner as being a Trojan Downloader. Sure enough, it managed to load my PC full of Trojans before I could prevent using it.

The trojan that runs on startup is called logonui and is contained in the Documents and Settings folder normally. Several of the others are called !update.exe and !update-4395(1).0000

When I ran my virus scanner (McAffee Enterprise VirusScan On-Demand) in Safe Mode nothing showed up.

How can I get this guy out without reformatting?

Your system is infected with a variety of malware. When you next post a HJT log, it needs to be from normal mode and as an attachment.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Rob2931 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you for the response. I will be doing the steps as soon as possible (maybe tomorrow instead of tonight)

I only use it for gaming as of yet so I will go with a clean, as I find it somewhat fun... in a really weird, shoot myself while I'm doing it way

One problem so far - on the AVG program it will not install as it tells me that it does not support the 64 bit version of windows. I am not sure what that means - I installed Windows on this machine with an old, old, CD and later downloaded SP2.

Also - should I have my VirusScan On-Access scan turned on? It seems to catch viruses as they try act, or will it interfere with the cleaning

My On-Access scan is angry at SmitFraud fix - part of it called Reboot.exe. Skipping that for now...

Hi,

Do go ahead with the rest of the steps, especially HijackThis and ComboFix.
The logs are pertinent to the diagnosis and solution to your computer problems.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of Rob2931 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ran the scans, seems it has stopped popping up, but ya never know, so here are all the files I think you want

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ALCMTR.EXE
d?dplay.exe
logonui.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3590DF3B-4183-6D51-F03D-6CE33895ADEF} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\tewbck.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uhridq] "C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Application Data\?racle\d?dplay.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Hrrr] "C:\DOCUME~1\PC\APPLIC~1\YMBOLS~1\logonui.exe" -vt ndrv

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\windows\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Application Data\?racle<Delete the entire folder.
C:\DOCUME~1\PC\APPLIC~1\YMBOLS~1<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let us know how your system is running.

This thread is for the use of Rob2931 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello I am doing the steps at the moment on my other PC

The processes were not running

I deleted the files in HJT

I am pausing and asking this because when trying to locate
C:/windows/alcmtr.exe
there is another .exe next to it called alcwzrd.exe, wasn't sure if thats related... as I don't fully understand if the alcmtr.exe is just corrupted or is a virus entirely

The ?racle folder isn't in Application Data

I cannot find the DOCUME~1 folder at all :( * SORRY I found this using the search command, will try doing the same for the ?racle

Maybe it's because I missed deleting the Application Data/?racle but there is also a RACLE~1 folder in the APPLIC~ directory. Should I delete it too?

Don`t worry if you can`t find some of the files/directories, that`s why I said(if there).

Just delete the C:/windows/alcmtr.exe file and not the alcwzrd.exe.

alcmtr.exe is classed as spyware because it phones home a lot with info about your system.

Please post a fresh HJT log.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back