Trojan Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
ive been having problems with trojans recently, AVG keeps popping up with found virus: trojan horse dialer..... and trojan horse generic... sorry i cant rember the names proply, anyway ive gorn through the steps before posting and heres a fresh hjt log and avg log, I am concerned because avd says thet Partition table and boot sector have a reading error.

p.s. I also uploaded a vundo fix log as it sayed it fixed some items

any help appreciated, thx

AVG log doesn't reveal anything.

HJT log is pretty clean as far as malware, some other stuff I would remove, but not to worry about. Get rid of this one at least:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CBD50FDA-8358-4CBA-9917-64C383892F32} - (no file)

VundoFix said it couldn't delete these files:

E:\WINDOWS\system32\winmxw32.dll Could not be deleted.

E:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttt.dll Could not be deleted.

To remove them, reboot your PC in Safe Mode and try to delete them manually from there. Or run VundoFix again perhaps. Then check the log and see if they are now deleted. If they STILL won't delete, then go into HJT into the extras area and look for the "delete file on reboot" tool. Set it with those files one at a time, and reboot back to Safe Mode. Keep checking to see if they are gone.

Otherwise, tell us exactly what AVG says next time it pops up. Meaning file name, virus name, path etc...

And the reason AVG gave error about boot sector and stuff is probably just because it was protected space which it doesn't have access to, thus it failed. I wouldn't worry about it.

If you need better explaining how to do those things, just ask. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you know what I'm talking about :)

Good luck!

Well that seems to have worked I ran vundofix again in safe mode, checked its log and then checked the windows dir and couldnt find anything, thanks for the help
running AVG in normal startup didnt come up with the MBR and Partition Table errors

p.s i understood everything and ill try to jot down any virus names and other details next time

Good good. But it would be good to finish it off, so to speak, by running all the standard tools as used in this forum. Refere to the security forum sticky topics.

Namely, run updated scans with Ad-Aware, Spybot, Ewido, Crapcleaner. Run an online virus scan from housecall.trendmicro.com, and/or from www.bitdefender.com. That will double-check for viruses.

After running all those, be sure you're up to date on critical Windows updates.

AVG just came up with this virus
filename=E:\Program Files\Common Files\Yazzle1162OinAdmin.exe
virusname=Downloader.Generic2.TUJ

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of BLanK only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back