Trojans..trojans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Read some real helpful stuff here and followed Howard's 13 step program with the exceptions of:

Tool 4 did not run succesfully...

I did not disconnect from Net pre install of AVG ANTIROOTKIT but d/c'd after install then ran..(which was clean by the way) Should I re-run Howard?

Also couldnt run gosh darn Norton Anti V in Safe mode...

See attached Logs

THANKS for all help

Kerry

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your AVG Antispyware log say all items have "No Action Taken". That`s because you didn`t tell AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results. See HERE for instructions.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

MyWaySA

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

Ir32_b.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://bfc.myway.com/search/de_srchlft.html

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemMgr] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ir32_b.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\MyWaySA<Delete the entire folder.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ir32_b.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as another AVG Antispyware log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of kerryk only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for the help Howard

Here are my AVG and HJT logs after following last instuctions.

now have S S&D, AVG and Windows Defender doing realtime protection too.

Do I look clean?

Kerry

Have HJT fix this entry.

O3 - Toolbar: &ESPN - {AE6F2894-AF10-4C9C-B16E-1DFC6FF8C0C6} - C:\Program Files\ESPN\Toolbar\DIGToolBar.dll

Other than that, your HJT log is clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kerryk only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back