Trouble installing Diamond Stealth S60/Radeon 7000 PCI Version Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble Installing Diamond Stealth S60 Radeon 7000 Video Card PCI Version
I am trying to install this Video card in my PCI slot. I have e-machine W2686 with AM37 MB, with an on board S3Graphics ProSavageDDR. When I install the card, my screen goes black. When I remove the card all works well. After reading some posts, it appears I might need to disable the current card, but can't find that in the BIOS. Any help is appreaciated.

Thanks
dheiron

Welcome to Techspot!
You are correct you will absolutely have to disable the on board video in your bios.
Keep in mind E machines are hard to upgrade because they limit the amount of variables in the proprietary bios they write to their machines.
If you know how to get to the Bios setup screens you will be looking for anything that refers to the 'on board graphics/video' and disable it !
You may have to go to Emachines web site and search for the technical instructions that refer to your model , that should tell you what choises you have.

Thanks for the information. The BIOS does not have a place to "disable" the S3Graphics ProSavageDDR card. I installed the Stealth S60/Radeon 7000 and my screen is working, but when I load in the game "Lord of the Rings, Return of the King," I get this message: "could not find any compatible Direct 3D devices with the required capabilities." Any help on this one? Thanks a bunch.

I am not familiar with your card and the level of DirectX it can handle.
You should start with the requirements of the games and then search the manufacturer's website for the appropriate version of DirectX you can install .
Let us know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back