Trouble Watching Embedded Videos ONLY from NBA.com...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonis 27

I can watch all types of embedded videos on websites such as myspace, youtube, or ebaumsworld, but when it comes to NBA.com....i can't seem to be able to get any video. I'm currently using Firefox, and i BELIEVE i've updated everything, but i'm not totally sure. Any1 know what the problem could be IF i have everything updated?
thanks for any help!

It works for me using Firefox. I noted that NBA.com video is using window media player while the other 3 are flash player. Check your WMP plugins and also you need to allow open pop up window for this site.

i have allowed pop ups for nba.com, so that cant be the problem

before this post, i tried re-installing the WMP plug-in and the 3 options come up, repair, remove, or change....i've dont both change and repair....should i try and remove it and then re-install it?
thanks for the help

Type about:plugins at FF address bar, enter and see if you have the following :

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
File name: npdsplay.dll
Npdsplay dll

Microsoft® DRM
File name: npdrmv2.dll
DRM Netscape Network Object

Microsoft® DRM
File name: npwmsdrm.dll
DRM Store Netscape Plugin

Sometime ago after FF upgrade, I was unable to watch embedded WMP video and the error message was " WMP cannot play this file because specific protocol is not supported ". I found one gentleman (or could be lady) posted on the web a trick to work around, i.e. change the folder name of C:\document and setting\(user name)\local setting\application data\microsoft\windows media\10.0 . In my case I just changed the file 10.0 to xx and it works.

Note: I am using WMP 10 and XP pro. For vista a new plugin for FF is available. Check Mozilla website.

call me a n00b, but i can't seem to find any of those

i have the newest version of Firefox, and I'm on Vista Premium....i tried reinstalling wmp 11, but it didnt work

i had the same set-up as you with my last computer, but that broke down so i had to get a new 1, and now its not working.

sorry to keep asking for help, but i'd like to get this fixed before the season. I don't have cable, and basketball is a huge part of my life, so catching the updates on NBA.com is big. Thanks again

OK, so i went to "about:plugins" and found out that i didn't have either of the DRMs, so i went to the link u gave me and downloaded the 2 files i was missing and copy and pasted them into the Firefox plugins folder like it said. With all that said and done, videos STILL won't play on NBA.com....but will play everywhere else....? any more suggestions? thanks for all your help

yes i have, i have tried changing it, repairing it, removing it and then reinstalling it, but nothing seems to work.

after putting those 2 missing plugins in the plugins folder on Firefox, i get an error on NBA.com just trying to view the video, it says:

"npdsplay-can not create DirectShow Player"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back