Trouble with Battlefield 1942

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought BF1942 recently and somehow it runs slow on my computer.

Intel P4 1.8 gHz
512 MB DDR RAM
128 nVidia GeForce4 5200 FX
Verizon DSL

it happens both in single player and multiplayer. i've browsed through a lot of tweaks and settings, i even overclocked my hardware, but it still has that lag. i have updated drivers, latest patches, and what else?

Hello and welcome to techspot!

BF2 is a very demanding game on computers, and your computer is a little on the old side if I can be straight with you.

Probably your priority for upgrading is your video card. If you can spare $150 or so, you'd notice a big difference in your games if you went to a 6600GT card for example.

not BF2!

dude, im not talking about BF2, its battlefield 1942. i am over the recommended hardware specs and still has lag problems.

yeah...

The battlefield series are reet buggers to run.. even though my pc is way above spec for bf vietnam.. if i try and play it on anything over 32 player with medium effects it lags like a beeatch..

For example

MY pc

2.8 ghz pro
1 gig ram
radeaon 9600 256 mbit graphics card

Battlefield vietnam reccomended specs..

933 mhz processor
256 meg ram
64 mb graphics cars

Yet it still runs like crap on any thing over 32 player mode..

Dont even get me started on bf2....

I know this dosent really help.. but you are not alone in being confused! :)

loonygamer said:
dude, im not talking about BF2, its battlefield 1942. i am over the recommended hardware specs and still has lag problems.

My mistake, but still even for BF1942, the 5200 cards just don't give you enough love juice for gaming.

You don't necessarily need a 256mb card (although more MB is always a plus). It is more important to get higher clockrates, higher memory interface, more pixel pipelines, shader support etc.

Here is a good entry-level card for $130
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130001

The only problem you may have in upgrading to these more powerful cards is your power supply. Best to have at least 300W but perferably in the 400-450w range.

Hey, Battlefield 1942 is a great game. It is a bit old. Yet people sometimes forget that its maps are pretty big. In the Video settings you will find view distance. Turn that down and you will have a better gaming experince.

hey, does BF1942 support OpenGL, because from what ive heard, nVidia cards are good with OpenGL based games, and ATI is for Direct3D. and if it does, how do i set it?

OpenGL isn't really popular with new games. Direct x 9.0 is everything now-a-days. sorry. Oh bf 1942 is Dx 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back