Trouble with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
So bascially, im using a asus k8v se delux with amd 64 processor 2.0 3000+, im a hardcore gamer and i use raid harddrives 200 gb x 2 seagate barracuda. with 3 sticks ofr 512 ram.

So the current problem im having is , everytime I play games or start up windows recently, the screen would freeze and kinda stick there like a painting. Then i would restart my computer and i would get a blank screen saying System failed cpu test, then i would just restart again and it would boot up windows to my desktop and it would freeze. Now again I seek help if anyone has had this problem. I basically figured it might be my CPU over heating or my video card, so i removed my fan pulled the amd chip out and reapplied the paste ( forgot the name ) and put it back and made sure everything was snug, so i played for another 3 - 4 hours work up this morning and the same problem occured, my cpu and mobo temp was at 33 for mobo and 37C - 45 C for the amd, now I still am clueless of why my screen would lock up.

Now i called a friend told him the same issue he said to check for hardware failure, Check the ram and etc so ran thru all that testing each stick in each ram slot and the computer still locked up. So im just wondering if anyone out there has had this stupid issue with their asus. But im wondering how else i should check for stuff. So please HELP ME!

System failed cpu test, then i would just restart again and it would boot up windows to my desktop and it would freeze.

My three top guesses:
  • Memory
  • Power supply
  • Motherboard
About the memory... Have you run memtest86+ for several hours to see if your computer locks up? http://www.memtest86.org. If it does lock up, we know to look for overheating, CPU, motherboard or memory. If it doesn't, we'll need to look elsewhere.

About the PSU... If you're power supply is underrated or defective, it is possible you'll recieve this exact same error. This is definitely worth trying and if you have access to another PSU that's at least 350w (400w or more for SLI), then pop it in and see if the error is reproduceable.

About the motherboard... I'm sure this board supports a 3000+ out of the box. However, if I wasn't sure about this, I'd recommend updating the BIOS (risky procedure if your system is hanging, though) because this error is also caused by improper BIOS support for chips. Just so you know, the chances of the motherboard being bad is much greater than the CPU being defective, so your system board could very well be responsible.

well heres the problem, I Unhooked all my hard drives and etc, and only kept the CPU Mobo and PSU connected with my Vid card, and i ran in. I went in to bio's and basically tryed to fix all the settings me and friend pretty much did that the whole day. While in the bio's it pretty much froze, because i thought apparently it would be a virus or a harddrive issue. So we figured it had to be hardware, What exactly does a Memtest do ?

No virus will attack your BIOS with your hard drives disconnected. In fact, I know of no BIOS viri period. (I could be wrong.)

Check your memory with memtest 86+ booted from a floppy. Memtest tests your ram for errors. Ensure your RAM is compatible with your motherboard. Some brands do not work well with some motherboards.

Please read: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53866.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back