Trouble with RAID drivers on XP installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - just purchaed a bnew PC here are the details --

Asus k8V Deluxe MB
2 x Samsung 120GB SATA drives

After setting up the array with the VIA utility, i attempt to install windows. I press F6 to load the raid drivers. "please insert the disk labeled Manufacturer-supplied hardware support disk into Drive A" appears on the screen. I insert the disk, the floppy indicator light comes on, "please wait" flashes on the screen for a few seconds, after a few seconds the same "please insert the disk labeled Manufacturer-supplied hardware support disk into Drive A" reappears.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from asus webiste and used their "makedisk" utility to make the driver disk. Any ideas - I cant get past this point. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a pata raid card. What I have noticed is that the driver files have to be in the root directory of the floppy. If they are in a folder it doesn't seem to work. My card has raid and non raid drivers so I have to move the ones I want to use to the route directory of the floppy. I have two floppies now, one raid and one non raid. I know it sounds lame but it worked for me.

My RAID Drivers were on the NForce Driver Installation CD, because I have an NForce Motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back