trouble with the laptop connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey can anyone help i got a new toshiba laptop and have reasently RISed it and now i have lost the schools connection to the wap. althought the others seem to be connected fine the new toshiba laptop cannot connect with out a network. how can i add the wireless connection back on to the laptop

pls message back if that made anysence

You'll have to configure your wireless network settings. To do that you'll need to know if the school is running any security measures on their wireless, what measures they are and they're corresponding access codes. Other than that, ensure that your wireless driver installed properly. Does it show up under network connections? or as a device in device manager?

you have been given good advice. i will add that you should strip your computer of anything that you do not want school personnel to see, and then take the computer bactkto the school techs and have it setup to the schools liking. a word to the wise use flash drives for your personal use. apparently you have made an atempt to breach their security, (probably gaming) and you have been blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back