Trting to install ATI Radeon 9800xt on my K7N2 mobo but won't boot - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!

I'm a little stuck, i've just bought a ati 9800xt and when i plug it into my K7N2G msi (ms6570) mobo it won't boot, i just get a blank screen. i've been through the bios & done everything i can think of & i can't find where to disable the nvidia geforce 2 onboard chip.

Anyone got any ideas?

Have you tried setting the Init Display First to AGP Slot in the Intergrated Peripherals section.

You probably overlooked the extra power supply connector on the inside end of the graphics card. Hook it up to your power supply and it should be good to go.

In a modern system, you shouldn't have to disable the old video card.. Or change the display order. It's automatic. I say "shouldn't" because it is perfectly possible to have a firmware or BIOS issue, but it wouldn't be by design. I've never seen that problem before.

Are you seeing a blank screen or are you seeing no video whatsoever?

Blank would be the light is green on your display, but it is black. No video will mean your display has the yellow/amber light on and possibly even "No video signal connected" or simliar message displayed after a while.

it's like i have swiched my computer off but left the power to my monitor on, so the light on my monitor flashes green on and off. if the computer were on the green light would be consistant. so in effect what i have is a working computer with no connection to the monitor, however when my computer boots correctly it beeps, which it doesn't do when the ati card is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back