True PS3 vs. 360 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdFusion1990

This thread is dedicated to the war between Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3.
The main reason for this thread is to give readers reasons to buy one of these consoles, (if they can't afford both).

Also, it would be better if people wouldn't purposely post just to bash one of the consoles. Only to point out the positive points of one console, say why another post may be wrong, or to approve of another post.

So I'll start...
The Xbox 360 > PS3 b/c
-There are more, better exclusive games for it
-It's a lot easier to develop for (resulting in more games)
-The online service is superior
-Cheaper (even more so with the price cut in effect)
Thanks,
Cold

why ps3 is better

> The console actually looks like sony thought about it, no need for lame accessories that make the 360 look worse than it already does
> Built for the future, no need for ps3 games to be limited to a mere 8.7gb or whatever it is
> The ps3 looks good, if i was going to use a console as a home theater device i wouldnt use the 360 cause it looks so poor
> When the ps3 has been out as long as the 360 has it will have its own line up of exclusive and better games, such as killzone and GT
> Better controller
> Blu-Ray

It's just better i think

Halo 3, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Ace Combat 6, Bioshock, Gears of War, PGR4, Splinter Cell 5, Alan Wake, Fable 2, America's Army, Halo Wars, Too Human, Left 4 Dead, Huxley, Forza 2, Banjo-Kazooie 3, Blue Dragon, MotoGP
vs.
Gran Turismo 5, Haze, Unreal Tournament 3, Ratchet & Clank, MGS4, Killzone, God of War 3, Socom, Warhawk, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Resistance, Afrika

the ps3 costs more because it's got a built in blu-ray player,4 usb ports and 1080p resolution and some more stuff aswell.ps3 got less games because the xbox has been out for longer and soon the ps3 will catch up in games.

I dont own either of these consoles, ill stick to my old pc :)

However microsoft seem to be silently upgrading xbox 360s at no extra cost to the user, including faster cooler cpus. ect. So infact the xbox specs listed above are probably already out of date. with the added benefit of windows operating system and ease of development, online capabilities.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2154491/microsoft-upgrades-xbox-cpu

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/games/xbox/xbox_360_upgrade!

The playstation 3 is a nice machine also but i cant get the feeling its been "overdone" if you know what i mean, development is well known to be a real pain in the bottom, The price in my opinion is ridiculous. And i havnt seen any games that blow xbox 360 out of the water yet. Either graphicaly or gameplay wise.

Ill probably buy a ps3 in 12 months when the industry has caught up with sonys speed machine, that however is if microsoft hasnt modded the 360 to be even faster by then!

i see a lot of people saying that none of the ps3 games look that 'great', are my eyes forgiving and really motorstorm and F1 look bad on an HD Tv, cause to me they look bloody amazing

I agree with fimbles... and your right jtickner1, I think the PS3 is where the Xbox was last gen, and will probably look better from now on. But the 360 is where the PS2 was at last gen, and thats where I want to be.
And twite, having your system break doesn't mean its a bad system. It just means it has fragile hardware.

i do say the ps3 has worser games and xbox live is great,probably something else,but otherwise the ps3 is better,soon it will catch up in games thats all i want to say.lets close the arguement.

MetalX said:
Xbox 360 has Xbox live. Need I say more?

xbox live costs money which equates in the long run to the xbox 360 being more expensive then the ps3. Need I say more?

haha good one hynesy and also you need to buy the thingy for hd and the ps3 has built in blu-ray player for hd (1080p)

yeah, when i bought my xbox 360 I paid AUS$1100 for the same features that came as standard with the ps3 which I paid AUS$1000 for.

I would say PS3 as it is more future proof.
More and better games for PS3 will be launched in future and this will definitely make PS3 the better choice. Pricewise also the difference is not big.

hynesy said:
xbox live costs money which equates in the long run to the xbox 360 being more expensive then the ps3. Need I say more?
$60 a year is too much money? You get what you pay for after all.
The PS3 is a great system no doubt, but is severely short on games. Add in the fact that either console needs a very expensive HDTV to get immersed in the full experience, and you'll be getting a less expensive PC and monitor instead.

Over here in Australia, quite a few retailers are offering free HDTV's for those who purchase the ps3, im guessing a deal set up by sony. I am not going to deny that xbox LIVE isn't good. It's great but most people I know own a PS3 and some own a 360, but they are not hard core gamers so they do not want to pay to play online, they would just prefer to buy new games. So I guess what is boils down to is, do you want to play online enough to pay for it?Everyone has their own ideas about console gaming.
cheers
Hynesy

everyone is saying that the ps3 is short and games but in the future there will be more games for it.How many times do i need to say this,right now the xbox is the better choice for gamers but just wait.

You don't even own a PS3, how can you handle the idea of buying a spanking new console and have it sitting around since there are not enough games to play on it? And suppose these future games are also ported to the X360. You'd wish you'd gotten a cheaper X360 instead wouldn't you? And you keep talking about 1080p, but how many people are willing to buy an HDTV that can handle that resolution? Most of them are just fine playing at 720p or so. Unlike me and some others, not everyone can afford to buy both consoles.

The lack of games at the moment doesn't bother me, mainly because I can pay online for free so I don't get sick of the games. Then again, some people don't have an internet connection OR do not like playing online OR have alot of free time to out play games.

So I'm reading that you pro-PS3 guys are saying the PS3 costs just as much as the 360 in the long run, (even with a worse online service), has a blu-ray player, and not enough people play online to consider the 360 over the PS3?
I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with the PS3 being a better system? You know that the 360 has more and better exclusive games, now and in the future. And I know.. "What about MGS4, Grand Turismo 5!" and what not, but it still won't compare to 360's future line up, plus what's already out. i.e. Bioshock.
If you ask me, that's whats important, not what nifty features you can pack into a $600 system

I think your pretty naive to believe that there will be alot of exclusive games for the xbox 360, if you think about it, its just plain stupid for a game developers to release a game for only one console. Granted, some of these developers would be contracted to microsoft, but I really don't think it will be a permanent thing. Oh yeah, when the xbox 360 goes out of date in the future the PS3 will have the exclusive games because people will want the high def experience. The majority of people that I know own a high def TV and PS3 so thats not really the issue. The xbox360 was a quick grab for cash by microsoft, where the PS3 is a long term investment for not only Sony but the comsumer.

the ps3 has less games because the ps3 has been out for less,that's why the ps3 hasn't got many game titles.when it catches up,games probably won't be releasing as quick as they are now so there.there's no need to have an arguement now.
I give microsoft credit for it's xbox live and price ok and i might pick up the elite after the playstation 3 and wii depending on money,but i don't think there's any reason to if you already have a ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back