Try to turn on my computer but only the fans work and the power led does not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I have this issue that when I turn on my computer, the power LED does not turn on but you can hear the fans working properly. I don't the issue and I'm not much of an expert with computers. Please help me solve this issue because I'm completely clueless.

How old is the computer, what was the last change you made to the computer and when you last shut it down did it shut down correctly?

It seems that it could be your motherboard or processor. Maybe your power supply is going bad. Do you have access to spare parts? If you do, maybe you could replace one of your existing parts with one of the spare parts, and if the problem persists, you would know that it is not that component. Keep doing that until it works with one of the spares.
hoping to help
kitty500cat

I had this computer since 2001 and it had never given me any issues before until now. I have tried it with different power supplies and different power cables but it does the same thing with all of them. The last thing I did to it was install some windows updates. I did all of this yesterday morning and shut it down properly. I tried to turn it back on just now, the power led turned on and I thought it got fixed by itself but it did not do anything besides run its fan and run the drives. I could tell it was not working because it did not show up on the monitor and it usually beeps twice after some time in its bios which did not take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back