Tryin to get my old game working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunger_force

Earlier today I was cleaning up and found a copy of gunman chronicles and figured it was worth a shot to try it again. I tried to get the game to play, however I was given this error, " C:\Gunman\gunman.exe is not a valid win 32 application". Can I do anything about this or should I just scrap it?

thanks allot : )

do you remember what platform you played it on? windows 98/Me/NT/XP/DOS? PS etc.. and what are you trying to play it on now? i assume winxp?

if its dos then you may need to download a dos emulator.. if its oldschool windows then you'll need to tweak the windows compatibility thing [right click on the exe>compatibility>set to win95/98/me etc]

little googleing finds this website...
http://www.3dactionplanet.com/gunman/

Im pretty sure it was on the win98 platform when I had it working a while back. Basically Ill need to install a dos emulator. That sounds easy enough thanks for the info.

yeh.. if you need one there is one i know that is pretty good and its callled 'dosbox' although its a bit tricky to use.. just read teh readme files thouroghly..

otherwise, a virtual pc + win98 emulation could work, and so could a win98 on a partition on your pc if its compatible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back