TRYING again

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI
I guess I posted in the wrong forum I,ll try to make this shorter then the last one,my computer was (is) infected
I went on line to try to find some thing or someone to help
me,I got onto TS. and was reading some forums ,went onto spyware,maleware etc. instructions and did all of the follow-ings it took awhile because I would run a scan and stop and
run a few more some took longer then others, I did not ,
send the attachements because I did not think I followed
the right procedures(did not post a forum first ?) anyways
computer seems to be a little better but not much ,I have
4 users 1 seems to be somewhat ok 1 has sound but I can not change desktop background (control panel) desktop
tab is frooze other tabs ok the other 2 has no soun d and
can not change backgrounds either 1 the recycle bin does nothing well I think you get the picture I,am nu at this all
the way around please help.

thank you very much

Hi FREDom4us,

Thank you for your time in creating a new thread (in the correct forum)
To advise you correctly, I must speak about spyware and alike in this forum, and hardware in the hardware forum so forth.
Otherwise the thread may be moved or closed, half way through ! (therefore my point)

Your users, still may have Malware present, and to confirm this, I must guide you to the next proceedure. In doing so, you will be able to provide attachments of logs that will show if your computer still requires attention.

Refer here:
Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

After this has been completed, and all logs attached, we can then go through the logs, confirming all Malware has been removed. Doing so will enable us to repair any Windows errors, knowing malware is not involved.

Thank-You for your selection of TechSpot which you will find is very supportive.

FREDom4us trying again

HI KIMSLAND

I, will go thru the instructions ,and when finished I will send attache-ments comput. is acting up again so this might take awhile I,am doing a lot of back & forth processes.

thank you again
(bare w/me)

FREDom4us cross my fingers

HI KIMSLAND

I attached the logs that you wanted Hope I did it right,also on
PANDA it said it did not find anything,DO I hold off on useing my computer
and wait to hear from or is it ok to go on.
THANK You
so much

Actually I'm not an expert on reading the logs, possible another member will check them. By me posting this message.
They seem OK - if that helps - just lots of programs running.

But my main concern is, can you now change the background, and recycle bin etc. ?

Also please check Control Panel - Users, to confirm you are an Administrator account.

TRYINGagain:desktop background Issues

Hi again kimsland

Well most everything,seems to be ok other than
out of 4 users 2 are still not working properly eg; can not change desktop background,no sounds 1 I can delete a icon
into the recycle bin (icon deletes but does not go into bin)where does it end up,I also can not open it,on 1 I can change the color the other I cant, could I have enabled or disabled anything that caused this,anyone have any suggestions.

thank you,again

TRYINGagain:desktop background Issues

Hi again kimsland

Well most everything,seems to be ok other than
out of 4 users 2 are still not working properly eg; can not change desktop background,no sounds 1 I can delete a icon
into the recycle bin (icon deletes but does not go into bin)where does it end up,I also can not open it,on 1 I can change the color the other I cant, could I have enabled or disabled anything that caused this,anyone have any suggestions.

thank you,again

Accidental Double Post

1. Check the size of the recycle bins (Right Click then properties)
I usually make it 5%

2. Set the computers up to defrault theme. Doing this might kick it into action, ie allowing change wallpapers etc

Defrag can help with non-responsive programs
It is also widely used on every tech board as a good measure to keep hard drives in good health
Defrag can speed up performance (that part covered)

Also this is the first time defrag has been mentioned in this post
I wonder if you were meant to be replying on another post.

Thank-you for your input though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back