Trying to re-install printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave H

Hya again everyone I have been trying to print off my Lexmark X73 printer but it does not work but it has always worked before. I have recently (2 days) started using Avast anti-virus programme. Since then I have been getting error message add printer! I have never un-installed and when I try to re-install i get a message the 'printer spooler service is not running.' What do I do? I have the driver installed I have tried to start the printer spooler service but it just gives the same message I have my GeoChem MSc to start soon. Please help

I have tried to start the printer spooler service but it just gives the same message

Do you mean you have gone to Start - > Run - > services.msc
Tried to start Orinter spooler and get, it cannot start, due to ?

Also checking the printer folder itself for your printer, do you have any jobs pending ?

Also have you confirmed the printer settings page size is correct

Have you also tried physically detaching the USB cord to the computer and then plugged it back in.

Have you temporarily disabled your firewall ?

Must go, just thought I'd give those quick suggestions

Yes thats the one went into start run and the rest. then I get the error message. I think I have disabled something in some programme for when my system starts up but cannot remember what I did.

Try booting into safe mode and removing all the printer related programs either by using the uninstall routines or by deleting the devices. You might like to check the Lexmark site for any updated uninstall routines and/or drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back