Trying to recover OE emails accidently deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sil

I'm having difficulty recovering someone's Outlook Express emails and was hoping someone might have a solution to this (w/o the use of 3rd party apps):

The main OE mail folder and backup folders were accidently deleted. When they were deleted, a message said the Recycle Bin was full and "would you still like to continue deleting them"-or something like that. And they were deleted. Now I'm trying to recover those dbx's. I ran ActiveUndelete 5.1 and it found some dbx's-probably all the folders but they were empty when I brought them back into OE.

There are too many recovery email programs out there to run and test, so if someone can provide better help to get these emails back in OE, I would appreciate it!!! Thanks

There are several good ones, usually free, at www.majorgeeks.com. I can recommend, in their Data Recovery section, Restoration, Recuva, Recovery 4 All Pro but it costs $69, File Undelete (which is good if you are needing documentation for a client, and PC Inspector.
My favorite is one I cannot find at the moment called ABC Recovery. It is free for the first 30 days. Works great on internet files.
At www.tucows.com, look for Recover My Files, Restorer2000 Data Recovery, and a few others listed there... all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back