Turned pc off ,won't reboot, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on my computer everything was fine,I turned it off to work on my nephew's pc,my monitor is a Sceptre X20 Gamer and has two video hook ups so I left mine hooked up and hooked his to the other video input,everything worked fine.When I finished I un hooked his and later when I turned mine back on there was no video.The lights,fans on the mb work and the dvd door will open and close,but it won't bootup.I've switched out the memory,the video card and the hard drive to another pc and they all worked.There is one short beep when I start it.I even got a StarTech diagnostics card and the code is FF,the instructions said that means that it's past post and ready to boot. I'm about ready to send everything back fo replacements.
Can anybody help, lgbent

One beep means it POSTS... FF means it should be able to load an OS.

It sounds like your computer DOES boot up. There's just no video.

Considering the circumstances, I think you should check the pins on your video cable and make sure none are bent. If you are using a DVI cable, this is far more unlikely, but with VGA, it is pretty easy to bend a pin... and all it takes is one pin to give you odd results or not video at all.

Also, I would check the computer with another monitor (if one is available) to verify it isn't working for sure.

Thanks for the reply.I've tried the vga port and the dvi port on the monitor both worked with another pc.I've tried different video cables on my pc and even connected it to different monitors but still no video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back