Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmagic650

I have an odd problem with the Santa Cruz drivers "disappearing" from the Device Manager after a system start up. Windows XP Pro, SP2 recognizes the sound card, and asks to install the drivers. I can go into the Device Manager and remove the "Yellow" unknown driver, and restart. The sound will be normal after I do this restart. Once I shut down the computer, then start it back up, the sound driver/sound card is gone once more. This happens over and over.

Restart the sound is ok, but shut down/start... sound card driver is yellow in the device manager and needs to be removed and system restarted before sound returns to normal...

Anyone have any ideas on this odd problem?

I had a similar problem with a wireless adaptor. After a while I upgraded my motherboard and it work fine. I would suggest install latest drivers, If the doesn't work try putting the sound card in another comp. If the problem still happens then try a new sound card.

Thanks riekmaharg2,
this Santa Cruz is old and the drivers are old too. I'm upgrading this system soon, so for now I will just live with the problem. I cold-booted my system this morning and the sound was fine... Who knows when the sound will go for good. This old Santa Cruz still sounds great though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back