TV 2 PC And Vice Versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused as hell about this...

Now currently:

I have a TV Card. It is very simple, quite old and was cheap.

Aerial goes from PC into a three-way module converter thingy, then from that ONE AERIAL goes to my Tv and the other aerial goes to our houses main aerial (so I can get Sky or 'Cable' TV in my room when it's on downstairs).

With this set-up, I can only get video when watching Tv via my PC, no audio at all unless I'm watching the channel that comes from the downstairs aerial in which case, I can get audio, but not record it.

The TV I have is a TV-Video Combi (TV and VHS in one).

Now, I want to be able to;

1) Get video and audio via my PC from my TV.
2) And watch whatevers on PC via my TV.

I know how to do number 2 software wise, it's just sorting the components/cables out.

MY TV-Video Combination:

It has a aerial socket (which my aerial currently sits in quite nicely).

A Scart socket (which my Gamecube is plugged into).

And three tulip connectors (?) at the front;

Incase you can't see the above image, it shows.

Video (Yellow), Audio (White), Headphones (Black) - Sockets

MY GRAPHICS CARD:

On the back it has;

Where the monitor goes (currently plugged in, lol).

A S-Video Connector - 11 Pin

And whatever the hell this is;

PC 2 TV:

What I can gather is, all I have to do is find a S-Video 2 Scart cable and this will sort out my problem (video and audio wise) of getting whatevers on my PC onto my TV. Is this correct?

MY TV CARD:

It has many 'holes' in the back of it, these are;

Remote - For the remote control I got with it.

S-VHS - Which is a 4pin S-Video variant -
s-video_connector.jpg

AV-IN (Tulip Yellow) - ?

TV - Currently has my aerial in.

Audio Out (Green Tulip)

AM I RIGHT?

How do I get audio when watching TV on my pc? Am I right in thinking I must connect the 'AV-IN' from my TV Card to the 'Audio' socket on the front of my TV??

------------------------------------------------

This is driving me insane and I'm supposed to be up in 11hrs to go to town to buy the components/cables/whatever I need!! ARRRGGHHH!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to anybody that helps!!

You have to differentiate between "aerial" cables carrying the RF signal (straght from the antenna) and cables that carry video signals (composite or SVHS). The latter can not transmit any kind of audio.

A S-Video to SCART or composite to SCART adapter will have a separate connector at the S-Video (composite) end to get audio.

LastNight said:
MY GRAPHICS CARD:

On the back it has;

A S-Video Connector - 11 Pin
So you have a "VIVO" graphics card - with video in and out ability? Do you have the adapter for that connector to get proper S-Video out?

How do I get audio when watching TV on my pc? Am I right in thinking I must connect the 'AV-IN' from my TV Card to the 'Audio' socket on the front of my TV??
A better way would be to connect the TV to PC sound card's "line in".

Thanks pal that's made it a lot clearer. A hellova lot clearer.

Now a little problem, I just changed the aerial cable I was using to a 'co-ax' one my Dad suggested and I now get sound (when watching TV on my PC), but for some reason it's dogged by interferance/static and it's impossible to listen to. Also when I try to record video off it (see if that kicks out the static) there's no sound whatsoever (and I've checked the preferences etc etc).

Edit: Could a partially damaged tv aerial (going from the TV to the PC) cause the sound error or do you reckon it's my ****ey onboard C-Media AC-97 sound card?

Cheers-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back