TV Out with ATI Radeon 64mb DDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATMAN5050

I hooked up my TV to my computer just for kicks and giggles, and when i enable the tv in windows my monitor just absolutely freaks out but the picture is fine on the tv. The screen turns into little lines like if you tried to view like channel 4 or something on the tv and there is no channel there...Any idea why this happens? BTW, when i'm in counterstrike, just the first screen where u can pick CONSOLE or MULTIPLAYER or whatnot, that works fine i can't see it on both...

ok i got it to work all the time in Counterstrike by changing the view to 640x480 but i can't do this in winxp cause it only lets me go from 800x600 and 1024x768. I found this page here and i think the problem is my crappy monitor.

Or it could be that your video card doesn't support both being viewed at the same time...You might want to look into that.

I have the all-in-wonder Radeon, and I know that if I want to do aything on the TV and my monitor at the same time I have to set it to 800x600. And that works fine, because that is what all the TV's are set at I guess. That way what you see on your monitor is the same as what you see on the TV. I would try setting your XP settings to 800x600 and see if that helps.

I also know that my buddy's old computer had the same problem, but he could only view things at 640x480 or 1600x1200. So he bought a new monitor and everything was fixed. That might be your problem.

I have the VIVO Radeon and when I turn the TV-Out on it sends my monitor into the same freak out as yours. I have found that the card can not support 2 different resolutions and refresh rates at the same time. Go into your monitor properties and match your monitors resolution with that of your TV. Mine adjusts automatically now, guess Iam lucky.

Have you tried Powerstrip? i think that program can force your monitor to any size you want it to go, i'm not sure, i havent tried to go smaller than default before. But i have the 32 MB version of that card and have my tv and monitor on 800x600 and it works just fine.

Aren't TVs 60Hz in there? That's probably what your monitor is trying, too. But it should handle that easily, maybe that mode isn't just set.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
Aren't TVs 60Hz in there? That's probably what your monitor is trying, too. But it should handle that easily, maybe that mode isn't just set.

I think most TV's are set at 60 Hz, at least everyone that I have hooked my computer up to has been.

Originally posted by poertner_1274
I think most TV's are set at 60 Hz, at least everyone that I have hooked my computer up to has been.

Most, but not all. In here, video format is PAL-BDGHI, 50 Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back