Tv-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) hence "tv-out"

:D u can view on your TV and monitor and if your vid card has video overlay such as the ti 4600 - u can watch a full screen movie on your tv and still use your monitor as a regular dekstop.

Hey Mr.Guvernment, I have a TI4600, I am unfarmiliar with the process that you speak of. Please explain; you are saying that I can run a, lets just say DVD, on my TV and run other programs on my monitor at the same time:confused:. I am guessing you would use NVIEW, am I right? If so, which mode, I would like to give it a try.

In the Display Properties/Advanced/nView tab, enable the Clone configuration. At this point your TV should show the same thing as your monitor - or at least as much as it can at 800x600! :D

Then go to the Display Properties/Advanced/GeForce4 Ti4600 tab and click on the Advanced or Additional Properties button. You will see a tab for Overlay Control. Select that tab and click on the Video Mirror button. At this point you enable the Secondary Display device as the Full Screen Display Device.

This should allow any video playback app that uses the hardware overlay to display full screen on your TV whilst being viewed in a window on your VGA monitor. For instance, Windows Media Player 9.0 works - so does the DivX player, as well as InterVideo's WinDVR & WinDVD and ShowShifter. Even some streaming video media from the web works this way. :grinthumb

Big Ol' ThomCat

I have found that I have had to set my computer resolution to 800x600 to match the TV,otherwise you will have to scroll with your mouse a bit on the TV. Just something to keep an eye out for as well. I hope this helps.

BTW,
:wave: :wave: Welcome to TechSpot ThomCat :wave: :wave
Be sure to check out this thread to introduce yourself.

Well this is yet another confusing result from TV out. I run my monitor at 1280x1024 (VGA connection to 17" Samsung SyncMaster 170MP LCD) and my TV at 800x600 (S-video cable) and I have no problem with the video displaying full screen - no need to fiddle with the mouse.

Now, I have to admit that when I am not playing a video, the TV displays only a portion of the 1280x1024 desktop, since the TV is in 800x600 resolution - but that's fine by me.

Big Ol' ThomCat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back