two Diablo II clients on one system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantrag

Does anyone know how I could run two diablo II clients on one system?

First of all i need to hide the first installation from the installer.
Then I would need to install the second client with a different cdkey and in another dir ofcourse.
And then I would need to do some registry tweaking I think?

please help me ^^

It's for traiding between accounts and mainly to try something new.
If this isnt possible AT ALL, then I'll post on the other OS section to get the game running under Fedora Core 4.

I've been able to hide the first install by hiding the programpath in regedit. But the default install dir is progfiles\diabloII
and the regedit path is under blizzent>diablo II
so there must be a file in the diablo II dir that directs it so..
I have diablotrader under progfiles that had the second installation. so im gonna see if i can get the diablotrader under blizzent<diablotrader
then I should beable to have two different programpath's and beable to run the two exe's at the same time ^^

I'll keep this updated ^^
still could use some advice..not too sure if this will work

I've made a new key in regedit and am copying the strings and such from the original one. And i'll change the path's to the new dir... but i still have a feeling im gonna need to decompile a .DLL or something..

Ok..so..They both run..I use an image of the playdisk and entered it into the diablotrader string to look for the cdrom in F: instead of E:
But I can't run them together..it says I can only run 1 Diablo at a time. so.. anyone hae an idea how I could "hide" one client or make it think its running another app.

ROFL and LOL.. there's an app. that does it..though I can't seem to get it to work..

Idea's still very welcome..

uhm...

Uhm....use two computers...and trade that way...OR...make some friends...instead of being a h4x0r...

chaz d. said:
Uhm....use two computers...and trade that way...OR...make some friends...instead of being a h4x0r...
with the people on Bnet these day's, I won't trust anyone. two computers..I will if need be, but I like trying new things ^^

Well I've uninstalled it all..can't be bothered anymore :angel:
i'll just run it on the other pc next to this one then ^^

-Topic closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back