Two ISP symbols in tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Referring to my ongoing difficulties with with outgoing mail, I could well be barking up thewrong tree,...probably am, I've been there before, you may recall!. but does having TWO connection symbols in my systray have any bearing?, when on line, one reads "Connected", the other, "Idle", is this normal?
Now, let me down lightly, I know, I'm grasping at straws, & the mail situation HAS improved, over 70% of emails go, there & then, better than it was, but I just thought.........

Maurice
:suspiciou

Do you have a network card? or a network adapter built into your motherboard? If so that could be it, and its nothing to worry about.
Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and look in the task manager at the Networking Tab, what does it show for your connections?

I have the same thing. You can get rid of the idle one by going to Control Panel/Network Connections, and right click on the idle one and there should be a box to uncheck in the general tab, (bottom left side), that will get rid of the icon in your systray. As a matter of fact, you can get rid of both icons that way if you like.

Thank you both, no, I haven't a network card or network adaptor, SNGX1275, does this fact mean that the extra symbol is affecting my email operation? you seem to imply that.

Olefarte, thanks for the info, on how to get rid.

Maurice:giddy:

I wasn't implying it has anything to do with your e-mail. When I said "that could be it" I was refering to an explanation on why you'd have 2 network connections displayed.

Did you check in the networking tab of Task Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back