Two problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_Ross

I have to problems right now that i cant seem to figure out so if you could help me that would be great. First off when i hit CTRL+ALT+DEL Task Manager doesnt come up at all what can i do about that? and if any of you know anything about limewire pro mine keeps starting up after i shut it down, iv looked in the options nothing really popped out at me. If you have anything tha'd be cool, thanks

-Josh

Hello Josh_Ross.Welcome to Techspot.

It sounds like you have spyware.Or "Limewire disease" as it`s known.

Go HERE follow the instructions then post an HJT log in the Security and the Web Forum

You might also look HERE for other Task Manager solutions.

Limewire does have a few settings relating to start up,in Tools/Options/Shutdown

and Tools/Advanced Options-System Startup or some such.

But as mentioned,spyware is the No.1 problem.Limewire disease can kill you

Virus

Hi, i am running windows xp home, i think my computer has a virus it reboots when it wants to doesnt matter what time of day it is just does it. i posted something before but it didnt seem to help me much, if you have any ideas what kind of virus it might be or were i might be able to download something to get rid of it that would be great.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have merged your new thread into this one.

If you suspect a Virus/spyware infection, go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread, I`ll take a look and advise.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Josh_Ross only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Josh_ross do you have a firewall/AV client? If not, download AVG and Kerio, just google them.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall Viewpoint.

Please rename the HijackThis.exe file to HijackThis1991.exe and post a fresh HJT log. This is because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe, but not from HijackThis1991.exe.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back