Two Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal700

Hi,
two problems cropped up with my pc today.
1. As soon as I uploaded mcafee security center it gave errors so I decided to uninstall it by using add remove but i couldnot. a messege window comes up : Mcafee MISP shell has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please tell microsoft about it.....
2. I am also not able to cd on inserting it in cdrom drive. I thought this problem cropped up in my bootable win xp cd (As I was was trying to boot windows with this cd to clean instal xp but could not because cdrom drive was not able to read cd) then on trying other cd's the result was the same.

problem 1 can be ignored for the time being but problem 2 is much more for me because I cant read or copy a cd or data.

Dear members your solutions are much needed.

thanks and regards,
royal700

dealing with your CD drive problem:

cd drive maybe dead? Replacements don't cost much.

- check the data and power cable connections, jumper settings respective to other hardware..
- try different data (IDE) cable?
- try reinstall the drivers by removing them, then rebooting the PC and let it find its own drivers

What is the condition of the cd itself?... I know if you install an OS from a cd with even minor scratches you'll get unhandled errors once in awhile, and more or less depending on cd's quality...

Also, I've never used mcafee but.. can you close the program and services through task manager and then try to uninstall?.. just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back