U2 may have use iTunes distribution to fight P2P sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
A copy of U2's new album not due until November was recently stolen and band members are fearing it could be released in P2P networks, if so, leading singer Bono has said they would inmediately release the album through iTunes and then on retail stores by the end of the month.

He added, "It would be a real pity. It would screw up years of work and months of planning, not to mention f**king up our holidays. But once it's out, it's out."

suckers, seems like they still don't have enough money to live on.
Some people have to live their entire life with far less money than those guys have already.

greed.....
greed.........

Not greed, but just getting paid for what they do.

They just happen to be in a much higher paying profession than you or I.

well, I don't agree with communism, but: I think there's gotta be a limit or a time when people like them see that they've made more than enough money, and that a few bucks lost in CD sales doesn't mean the end of the world.

Very true. Good hearted performance artists probably wouldn't make such a fuss. :)

Not many of those out there though....

Too me this reads like they just wanted some free publicity and thus made this statement, maybe it's just me though?

You see rick..... you understand what I mean., If these guys really worked for the love of music like they say they do, they wouldn't cry so much over a few bucks.

Seems to me as they're more worried of having "unfinished" material (as they call it) leaked rather then focusing on the financial loss.

In any way, I don't mind if they still get loads of money from their records as Bono is a very engaged artist & he puts his money to good use.

Not many can say the same.

The real news here (at least from TS stand point of view) is how distribution of new records could change eventually as (legal) music downloading becomes more popular... as for U2 losing money because of the leak, I wouldn't say they are greedy but like everyone else I could understand you usually like to see some return from your big efforts/work... not the mention it's obvious it wouldn't be good for them if new material was only available through illegal mediums for a few months before the official launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back