UberMonkey: is this a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yeah that's a joke... There is no way someone has a qaud 8800s + all the stuff with that and still have a stable, useable system :haha:

Would be cool if you could do that with only a 700w PSU ;)

That would be a nice system, w/a better power supply, but a Pentium Duo Core???

ha ha ho ho ho :D

--kitty

Edit: oh wait, QUAD sli?? I didn't see that before. yeah, right, but that would be ridiculously cool w/the 8800GTX.

Lol yeah I know... your computer would either :hotouch: or :hotbounce then i'll :haha: for you spending $856421 on it :D

Its really funny I found the link for that system while searching the eurogamer forums I think... and the guy was comparing it to an Alienware ALX or something....

Ridiculous, even if it was real the heat from those four cards would be enough to adequetly replace your central heating system without watercooling. lol

I wonder how many saps have actually phoned up for that thing?

Lol I was thinking of doing that ( the calling them part ) and seeing what they would say then i'll pretend to order it saying some made up credit card number and see what they do :haha:

Yeah you should that would be rather funny.... specially if you posted a transcript of the call! lol

I wonder if that PC actually worked is thats what is actually melting the ice caps? lol

Lol

I'll call them and write a .txt file while I talk of everything we said then i'll copy and paste it into a post here ;)

heheh I look forward to that post mate! Just make sure the number isnt a premium rate thing before you do it.....

heheheheheh way to lower the tone of the conversation Time.... :D Its always good to meet a like minded Deviant! lol

Lol yeah I like to mess around alot, Like in counterstrike I'll just use a knife and run into the middle of a mob of people just shooting and end up killing them all then all you hear is a squeaky voiced kid like "Haxors!1!11 F'ing n00bs" ;)

LMAO Yeah!!! Always makes me laugh when you get some nutt shell out for a para etc etc and then you kill him with a glock! :) And then if you get a good kill/death ratio going on all you hear is "Cheat" lol

Did play it.....till my PC died! :S Would play it on this... but this hunk of crap of my mums doesnt even have a Graphics card...:S

A recent ad in Maximum PC for "Cyberpower" or IBUYPOWER, lists their topend rig with 2 8800GTX's as a "quad" Gpu rig, is the 8800 GTX like the 7950 GX 2's except with 2 cores on 1 PCB or maybe its a duel gpu ppga.... as for the cost notice this is a UK site and those are pounds...so for us yankees thats more like 6-7k dollars US...so is it still a joke?

X out.

Last time I checked the Cyberpowersystem website yesterday I couldnt see anything that indicated a Quad SLI configuration with 8800 GTX cards but I may be mistaken.... at the moment though I think its very unlikely as I dont even think an sli driver is out for 8800 series of cards yet.... let alone for them to work in Quad.

The joke comes from that ubermonkey rig... at that price its laughable but with the fact A its not watercooled and B it only has a 700Watt PSU means either that it is infact a joke or a scam...

Yeah that's why I want to call it and put a fake credit card number ( just make one up :haha: ) and see what they say

If they say something like "YOU BEEN SCAMED B****!" then i'll laugh ;)

Yeah I know, that computer sucks actualy and really overpriced... If you go to newegg and look at the prices for each item they listed on the features you can save about $1000-1500 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back