UGH - pls help. HiJackThis Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please go and read this thread HERE, then post a fresh HJT log as an attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of nasdaqer only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Here's the log as an attachement

sorry for not reading the rules ahead of time

thanks all - great board. I appreciate the help

You`re running an outdated version of HijackThis and you haven`t rename HJT as per the instructions in the link I gave you.

Also, your system is infected with a backdoor trojan.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of nasdaqer only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks, Howard - running the Trend Micro House Call now,,, I will be back in a couple hours!

running 2.0, installed into C:program files/HJT, renamed the prgm to analyze.exe. Here's the log file. running the Trend Micro AV now.

Please post the rest of the requested log files, then a fresh HJT log.

Your system still has the backdoor trojan.

Post AVG Antispyare and Combofix logs. Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan and post a fresh HJT log.

here we go

Here's the logs. AVG Antispyware, Combofix, and HJT. AVG Antiroot didn't find anything. I did have a couple virus that came up that I deleted -- trj/shutdown.Z, but that may have been the smitfraudfix, which I ran again after I shut down the AV prog.

still really slow

Thanks again!

You haven`t attached an AVG Antispyware log. Please do so in your next reply.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Microsoft Corp Updates

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

synet-ud.exe
setup.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Corp Updates] synet-ud.exe

O16 - DPF: {35B7E48B-9D81-4C6C-9578-5FD4F620D886} (InstallShield Setup Player 2K2) - http://host1.telechart.tv/tcinstall/setup.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

synet-ud.exe<Search your system for this file and delete all instances found.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log.

logs

OK, here's the HJT log. I'm currently running the AVG antispy - it will take awhile. I will post the log as soon as its done.

I need you to post a fresh HJT log after you`ve run AVG Antispyware. I have therefore removed your last HJT log so that you won`t have a problem in posting a fresh HJT log, once you`ve finished with the AVG Antispyware scan.

gotcha -- sorry I've been so much work howard. I will repost both right as soon as the AVG Antispy is done.

computer still sloooowww, so I'm sure there's still something lurking in there somewhere.

At any rate, here's the logs.

Thanks again -- really impressed with the help on this board.

Have HJT fix this entry.

O16 - DPF: {03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E} (MetaStreamCtl Class) - https://components.viewpoint.com/MTSInstallers/MetaStream3.cab?url=http://www.vi ewpoint.com/cgi-bin/installer.v4/vet_install_popup.pl?1&6&04.00.09.13&unknown&un known&http://www.crutchfield.com/S-AP7E478XCkm/sony/xbr/?n-state=http://www.sony style.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformat ion-Start?CategoryName%3dxbr_tube%26Dept%3dtv%26ProductSKU%3dKD34XBR960~~~G!009C 512C58B5!WRTkfw44EpRYwH5D~~ws-nocache

Reboot your computer.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Go and read this thread HERE. It will show you how to speed up your system.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back