UGLY virus! please help soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunnybunn5

i attempted to open an active-x control thing and didn't realize what i got myself into until later today when i ran my spyware and virus scans...which took an unusual 10hrs (it said it only found medium threat spyware and no viruses)...my computer went crazy. my screen turned red with some emblem on it that reads below it, your privacy is in danger download privacy protection software now. and messages kept popping on my screen saying:
Windows Security Alert
Windows has detected an Internet attack attempt...Somebody's trying to infect your PC with spyware or harmful viruses. Run fill system scan now ti protect your PC from Internet attacks, hijacking attempts and spyware! Clich here to download spyware remover for total protection.
and
Trojan.W32.Looksky detected on your machine. This virus is distributed via the Internet through email and Active-X-objects. The worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers emails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. This process should be removed from your system.
Type: Virus
System Affecedt: Win 2000 NT ME XP Vista
Security Risk (0-5): 5
Recommended: click yes to remove it from your computer immediately
and
Windows Internet Explorer
YourPrivacyGuard may find dangerous traces that need to be cleand. Don't let yout privacy and reputation to be ruined by them. Making your private information public can cause problems with your boss, family, or friends. Click 'OK' to start YourPrivacyGuard scanner to remove compromising traces and setup controls to protect your pricacy by cleaning or removing dangerous information.
whenever i try to click on or out of one of these warning screens it brings up the company's web page (ultimate defender, privacy guard, etc). i was getting 20 messages/ min, but after running my spyware scanner i'm only getting about 8/min and it has slowed down my computer immensely!
if you could give me as much advice/instruction as possible all at once, as it very hard with my computer to get on or to the internet, i would greatly appreciate it. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!

The first thing you best can do is to run Hitman Pro. Let it do all it scans. It will help delete most of the virus/spyware. Tell me if it delete all of it or what remains. I might know another option for that.

Im afraid that just wont do it. The infection is very aggresive and requires quite a lot of work to get rid of.

If you use your pc for the storage of sensitive data or online banking etc, then a reformat is the best way to proceed.

Otherwise, follow the instructions and post the requested log files etc.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of hunnybunn5 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back