uhh help pleaaaasse with my AGP Video card and emachines t3104

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have an emachines t3104 and it says that it has an AGP slot in it... and from everything i hear an AGP slot is brown... the only slots on my mother board are white(im assuming PCI??) and this purple one (???) but when i look at my bios it says that i have an AGP slot and AGP 2.0/3.0 drivers...

i just bought an EVGA Nvidia e-GeForce 5500 (AGP version) but i cannot find the slot to put it in... Please help im a noob at modding a computer...

Does the card fit in the purple slot. It doesn't have to be brown though that is the most common color. There's been a lot of changes to motherboards recently with some manufacturers getting a little fancier with their boards. The specs I saw on that machine read 3 PCI and 1 AGP so you should be set.

hi kovah and welcome to techspot :)

brown is the industry standard AGP slot color, but there is nothing that that forces any manufacturer to adhere to it. and besides, brown is an ugly slot color :D

an AGP slot looks similar to a PCI slot, but it will be moved over (a little closer to the center of the board) and it will have a little locking "tab" or "hinge" at the end of it to lock the AGP card in place. it will also be the closest slot to the CPU.

Don't worry, we were all noobs to computers at first. although you aren't really modding anything, you're just upgrading your video. This is good experience for you, because chances are you'll be upgrading your power supply and maybe even your motherboard soon enough ;) (search emachines in this forum if you don't know what I mean)

good luck :)

kovah123 said:
ok i have an emachines t3104 and it says that it has an AGP slot in it... and from everything i hear an AGP slot is brown... the only slots on my mother board are white(im assuming PCI??) and this purple one (???) but when i look at my bios it says that i have an AGP slot and AGP 2.0/3.0 drivers...

i just bought an EVGA Nvidia e-GeForce 5500 (AGP version) but i cannot find the slot to put it in... Please help im a noob at modding a computer...

You obviously have an AGP slot. That "purple" slot should be it. Like others said, that slot HAS to be the closest to the northbridge heatsink and the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back