Un Partition Hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that would be the right title, I was searching through a few webpage that stated you needed a third party program to do so, but i couldn't find the same request on this site, so i wanted to know if that was true, because of the problems i have had so far this site has helped me the most so I trust this site more than any other for step by step procesures.

Thanks in advance.
-Ryan :)

The only way of doing this I can think of would be to
1. Copy the data from all your existing partitions onto one.
2. Then delete the now empty partitions in: Start>control panel>Performance and maintenance>administrative tools>computer management then under the storage and then disk management headings.

The path here may differ if you're using classic view and I'm not 100% sure if this is any help to you but I'm certain someone else here may have a better solution.

I hope this was of some help to you.

notcorn's is NOT a solution, his would only combine data onto one partition, but not add the space from the (now empty) partition to your main-partition!

You should first make backups of all your important data on either another harddisk or burn a load of CDRs/DVDs.

Option 1) using Partition Magic or Acronis Partition expert:
- let's call the main partition A, and the other (to be deleted) partition B.
- if any programs installed on B, safe userdata, uninstall them, then re-install on A
- copy all other data over from B to A
- use the Partition program to first delete B, then enlarge A with the now free space from the former B.

Option 2) without any tools:
- Make all needed backups.
- Reinstall Windows and all your other programs after repartitioning.
If W2K or XP, you can wipe/create partitions during setup when you boot from the CD.
If W98 or ME you'll first need to use FDISK to wipe/create partitions, then FORMAT.

It would sort of help if you were more specific about what you want..

You want to consolidate your existing data onto one big partition instead of many? You want to just remove all the partitions losing data and start over? You want to wipe the partition table completely (losing all data of course)?

Are you using Windows?

you can reformat that wil unpartition that sucker
tuff not to get excited,but calm down and give more info on what you want to do
as RBS stated if you need to fix a existing partition use paragon or acronis
I with paragon for complete control
for recovery acronis boot helps a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back