Unable to Access Old E-mail Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the hard drive from my old PC and made it my slave drive on my new PC. Now the old messages on the slave drive to do show up. All the messages were in Outlook Express. Someone told me the messages maybe compressed. How can I bring them back? They were viewable on the old drive before I made it a slave.

They went away when you set it as a slave?
But you can still see the rest of the files on the harddrive?

If so, I think it's something else that is the cause. Are you sure you didnt' do anything else when you set the drive to "slave"? (Any software changes)

Your Outlook Express Emails are still there, so don't worry. In Windows XP: Log on with an administrative account, go into Windows Explorer, enable file viewing so you can see hidden files and browse to here: C:\Documents and Settings\YOURLOGONNAMEHERE\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{65B241FB-D270-4156-A7D6-3CED3A597978}\Microsoft\Outlook Express Bear in mind that the big number can be any string of numbers and letters where you should be able to see files with extensions that look like this FILEMANE.dbx If they are present go into Outlook Express and click FILE, IMPORT, MESSAGES and select MS OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 and click NEXT put a dot beside IMPORT MAIL FROM OE6 STORE DIRECTORY and click OK then BROWSE. Browse to the above path and follw the on screen instructions. Hope this helps. Adrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back