unable to access xp in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
unable to boot windows xp home sp2. goes from the black windows xp into the blue windows xp and hangs from there. tried in all safe mode options and boots the black safe mode screen and also hangs. am unable to try any kind of repair as it's a pre installed windows package with only the recovery disks.

is this a virus or could the hard drive be damaged? i have files which i could do without losing should i need to reformat.

any help would be great.

cheers

meffs

meffs said:
unable to boot windows xp home sp2. goes from the black windows xp into the blue windows xp and hangs from there. tried in all safe mode options and boots the black safe mode screen and also hangs. am unable to try any kind of repair as it's a pre installed windows package with only the recovery disks.

is this a virus or could the hard drive be damaged? i have files which i could do without losing should i need to reformat.

any help would be great.

cheers

meffs

Hi

Sounds like a failing HD,
you could slave the drive to another install and copy the files over, or get hold of a copy of XP from someone and use it to boot into repair console and run a chkdsk /f on the drive and see if it repairs it enough to get your files off.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back