Unable to delete some items of previous ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

I have been going through remnants of files etc, connected to my last ISP, & have successfully deleted all, about seven or eight, by search, & the "add/delete files" facility, plus the Recycle Bin, but now when I boot-up, I get "Error,Loading; C:\Program1\VISP\RyDial.dll, the specified module could not be found"
This a mystery, as "C" is my CD drive, the only thing I can think of, is that it has to do with the fact that my previous ISP was loaded via a disc, which I no longer have.
If that is the case, I can see no way I can get rid, I have tried by search & run, with no luck, I get something like "unable to open or locate C Program.......etc, etc., or "Insert disc"
I can live with it, I just click OK, & carry on, as I did with "unable to create socket" which disappeared when I deleted the now defunct connection manager dial-up window.
Is there any way round this?

Maurice

Thanks, DF, I'll have a look at that, I had another thought, what if I used the restore option, would that be the solution, what does anybody think about that?, I don't really want to go down that path, but if it's the only way........

Maurice
confused.gif

I wouldn't go down the restore route, you would still have the same problem when you come to remove the files again as it wasn't removed by using Add/Uninstall and you said you no longer have the disc that maybe needed to remove the file, give the reg cleaner a try, also as it starts at bootup have you looked to see if it is a startup option that hasn't been unchecked or if it's a process that is still trying to run, you maybe need to stop it, it's worth a look.. just some thoughts

Maurice said:
I have been going through remnants of files etc, connected to my last ISP, & have successfully deleted all, about seven or eight, by search, & the "add/delete files" facility, plus the Recycle Bin, but now when I boot-up, I get "Error,Loading; C:\Program1\VISP\RyDial.dll, the specified module could not be found"
This a mystery, as "C" is my CD drive, the only thing I can think of, is that it has to do with the fact that my previous ISP was loaded via a disc, which I no longer have.
If that is the case, I can see no way I can get rid, I have tried by search & run, with no luck, I get something like "unable to open or locate C Program.......etc, etc., or "Insert disc"
I can live with it, I just click OK, & carry on, as I did with "unable to create socket" which disappeared when I deleted the now defunct connection manager dial-up window.
Is there any way round this? Maurice

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies all!!, my CD drive is D not C, which is, of course my HD. what threw me was the "insert disc" instruction, all I have on my mind is a stay in hospital, beginning next week, but that shouldn't be an excuse.

Maurice. :blush:

Continuing the same thread, when I get the notice "Unable to........etc, I see that there is a ghosted notice in the tray;- RUNDLL, which of course disappears when I click.
Does this help in finding how to get rid of the notice mentioned above, & my earlier post here?

Maurice

Referring to RUNDLL in the tray, as mentioned in the last posting, [see above], I did a search, & found twenty items. To see the details of all these, please see the thread that I've started in The Meeting Spot, titled "Referring to a thread elsewhere".
I think I can get rid of of the "unable to...." notice by deleting all or some, but need to know whether thy are safe to delete.

Maurice**

**Mods * & admin staff, I have cross referenced these two areas, so as to get a wider response to my query, I've had very few replies, & I don't want to go blundering in, deleting all the items, if some might cause problems by doing so, hope I haven't breached a posting protocol by tackling the problem in this way

Remove startup entry from registry?

1. Click Start, Run
2. Type regedit and hit enter
3. Expand H key Current User, Software, microsoft, windows, current version, run
5. Find the entry in the run folder that references the dll file you mentioned and delete it. check the -run folder if it's not in the first one.

If it's not there:
6. Expand H key local machine, Software, microsoft, windows, current version, run
7. Find the entry in the run folder that references the dll file you mentioned and delete it. check the -run folder if it's not in the first one.

Reboot

Thanks, DG, BTW, welcome to Techspot!,....great isn't it? they've helped me out a lot over two & a half years, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have, have you visited the gallery yet?
Have a look at my profile, just click on my name to get the drop-down.

All the best,
Maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back