Unable to load WinXp on new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently made a new computer with state-of-the-art crap, and have been unable to load winXP on it. I have a Fatall1ty motherboard, AMD 64 bit processor, PCIex ASUS graphics card, 2 gig ram, 250gig SATA drive (all supported, but worries with WinXP).
I boot up on WinXP full disk, when it gets to "Starting Windows" it shuts down hard.

I've tried hitting F6, loading the SATA drivers, and RAID, etc - no luck.

I have an ATX2 power supply, my RAM is good, SATA is good, even tried it on a legacy hard drive - still shuts down. BIOS is set for PCIex, I formated the SATA drive and got to the NTFS format screen - finished NTFS format and still it shuts down at "Starting Windows".

WTF?

I need help... :mad:

Ozi

Sounds like a hardware problem. could be a insufficient or defective PSU. or another component ( memory, mobo, etc.) that has a problem. first thing I would probably do is check how much the PSU is putting out on the 12V rail it should be 15A or better. I would also check the memory by removing one module at a time to see if one of them is defective.

Maybe the Windows CD is corrupt in some way.

As long as you have the Product ID number you can install XP using any CD, so if you have access to another CD try using it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back