Unable To Reload Restore CD's On A Toshiba Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I recently was given a Toshiba Satellite 1800 Series by the primary owner. The system had a fault. After I do the system restore with the original CD's on restart I get a system error messages saying "Seystem not installed properly run setup again". I did this with no change. I tried runnin XP Pro OEM and about 12% of the way of installing setup says cannot copy file "(name)"and then reboots and goes into a rebooting loop. Service depot says it might me Mainboard or CPU or both. Funny thing is that I can install and run Win98SE and WinME with no problems. Trouble is I want to run XP that came pre installed wit the system.

Anyone have any Suggestions?

TIA
The Wheeler

I have heard that toshiba and some other companies place a file on the hdd to prevent reloading of the software by a third party, I have seen a satelite with the hdd cleaned off completely and xp oem installed sucessfully but dont no how they cleaned it up

Hello

I have formatted the drive so many times it must be squeeky clean. It won't even install the Toshiba rescue cd's. Go Figure.

The Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back