Unable to Repair Windows XP Home SP2, still Blue screens with Critical Errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
My PC has worked fine until earlier today. All sound disappeared and no devices where found under Control Panel. I tried loads of different things after reading other threads found on this web page. Unfortunately, all failed. I then booted off CD and tried to repair the issue (this is after uninstalling and reinstalling all the drivers). This seemed to be working well until several .dll files were unable to be copied from the cd, even though they were present. However, I chose to ignore and continue. The repair concluded and Windows booted up fine (but again with the audio problems).

I restarted my PC and now it blue screens each time with critical errors. I really can't afford to lose the data on the hard drive by formatting (It contains my recent wedding pictures which I cannot replace).

Please, if anyone knows of any alternative methods...HELP!!

you need to make backups of your data, either get a CD Burner or a DVD Burner, or get and external hard drive and move that data, you are going to lose it soon if you dont. the repair failed and it is highly likely that soon you wont be able to boot at all.

so back up your data and then reformat and reinstall.

would have been a good idea to back up the data before trying the repair. when you "repaired" the first time do you mean a repair install of XP or did you try the repair with recovery console?

there are a couple of options to retrive your data.

1. do a repair install of XP ( if this was not what you tried the first time)
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

2. Make a bartPE disk and recover your data from the drive then reformat and reinsstall.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

OK.. two things to try.

1) the repair option explained above.

2) Put your hard disk into another PC which can see NTFS drives (as long as your drive is NTFS

If you get the important data of the hard disk then you can just format it and start again

You may have a mate / computer tech who can put your hard disk in their machine???? You don't have to worry about the hard disk booting up then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back