Unable to run Psychonauts full version OR demo, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought the full version of Psychonauts, installed it, patched it, tried to run it....but it didn't appear to do anything. The only way I knew it had done anything at all was that it was showing up in task manager. I uninstalled, reinstalled, both with and without Norton AV enabled, still no dice. The disk drive runs up for a few seconds, but after that...nothing. I know there are other people having similar or identical problems, but nobody has an idea how to fix this, least of all tech support at Majesco. I also did some digging around online and found similar problems with other games/programs, but couldn't find any fixes. I'm starting to think the only thing that'll fix this is a complete system reformat/reload, but I'm really not digging all that for just one game, good or not. All of my other games work fine, so I'm hopeful that there has to be a fix that isn't that drastic. Any help with this would be very much appreciated, 'cause I'm quite a bit past annoyed, and I'm sure the others wouldn't mind either. I'll post some system stats below, plus a link to the Majesco forum thread where I've been trying to get help too...

AMD Athlon 2600+
1gb of RAM
ATI Radeon 9600
Soundblaster Audigy
Windows XP Home with SP 2

http://majescoentertainment.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=767

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Reading through the forum link you gave, it seems that the problem is with the game itself.

I don`t think that there`s a lot you can do really.

You`ll either have to wait untill a patch is released to fix the obvious bugs in the programme or, take the game back and get a refund.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back